For many people, giving to charitable causes is an important part of who they are. It is now more crucial than ever to carefully balance your own financial priorities, including your charitable gifts to entities like St. Vincent’s HealthCare Foundation.
Fortunately, there are many ways to make charitable contributions both now and in the future while also maintaining, or even enhancing, your personal financial security and that of your loved ones.
Through careful planning, you may find that you can make meaningful gifts to support St. Vincent’s HealthCare Foundation while you also:
• Ensure your loved ones are provided for.
• Reduce the possibility of outliving your resources.
• Plan for management of assets in the event of disability.
• Transfer property to loved ones while minimizing taxes and other expenses.
• Increase income from low-yielding assets in retirement years.
Some giving methods are quite simple—such as a bequest by will. Others, like trusts, call for more complex arrangements. We hope you will find the information presented here helpful as you consider the most effective ways to meet your personal and philanthropic goals.